James Smith on the Love of Jesus

Posted by Bluegrass Endurance | Labels: , | Posted On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 5:30 AM

“Jesus loves always. His love is like his life, endless. Whom once he loveth, he loveth unto the end; for he is "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, to-day, and forever." He may change his works; he may change his dispensations; but he will never break his word, or change in his love. That love is from everlasting to everlasting. It was sovereignly fixed upon us, and can never be diverted from us. So that amidst all the changes that take place within me, and without me, I may rejoice in this, that Jesus still loves me. Aye, and that he loves me as much in adversity as in prosperity; as much in darkness as when his candle shines upon my head; as much when I feel as if I am sinking in the horrible pit, as when I feel that I am standing on the rock. As soon may he cease to be God, as cease to love his people. While he lives he must love, and love the same objects too.”

James Smith


Comments:

There are 0 comments for James Smith on the Love of Jesus

Post a Comment