A.W. Pink on Reading the Bible

Posted by Bluegrass Endurance | Labels: , , | Posted On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 5:19 AM

“The Bible is a book which calls not so much for the exertion of our intellect as it does for the exercise of our affections, conscience and will. God has given it to us not for our entertainment but for our education, to make known what He requires from us. It is to be the traveler’s guide as he journeys through the maze of this world, the mariner’s chart as he sails the sea of life. Therefore, whenever we open the Bible, the all-important consideration for each of us to keep before him is, What is there here for me today? What bearing does the passage now before me have upon my present case and circumstances—what warning, what encouragement, what information? What instruction is there to direct me in the management of my business, to guide me in the ordering of my domestic and social affairs, to promote a closer walking with God?”

A.W. Pink


Comments:

There are 0 comments for A.W. Pink on Reading the Bible

Post a Comment