Charles Simeon On Scripture, Election and Free Will

Posted by Bluegrass Endurance | Labels: , , , | Posted On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 5:17 AM

“One thing I know assuredly, that in religion, of myself, I know nothing. I do not therefore sit down to the perusal of Scripture in order to impose a sense on the inspired writers; but to receive one, as they give it me. I pretend not to teach them, I wish like a child to be taught by them. When I come to a text which speaks of election, I delight myself in the doctrine of election. When the Apostles exhort me to repentance and obedience, and indicate my freedom of choice and action, I give myself up to that side of the question.”
Charles Simeon


Comments:

There are 0 comments for Charles Simeon On Scripture, Election and Free Will

Post a Comment