William Wilberforce on Hope for a Country

Posted by Bluegrass Endurance | Labels: , | Posted On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:53 AM


"But it would be an instance in myself of that very false shame which I have condemned in others, if I were not boldly to avow my firm persuasion, that to the decline of religion and morality our national difficulties must both directly and indirectly be chiefly ascribed; and that my only solid hopes for the well-being of my country depend not so much on her fleets and armies, not so much on the wisdom of her rulers, or the spirit of her people, as on the persuasion that she still contains many who, in a degenerate age, love and obey the gospel of Christ; on the humble trust that the intercession of these may still be prevalent, that for the sake of these, heaven may still look upon us with an eye of favour."
William Wilberforce


Comments:

There are 0 comments for William Wilberforce on Hope for a Country

Post a Comment